Khumbu Bijuli Company Pvt. Ltd

+977 38 540 112  |  Head Office, Thamo      +977 1 4910587   |  Kathmandu Office 
KBC has a unique ownership structure in Nepal, providing 85% of the total investment shares to three registered users’ groups (Namche, Khumjung-Kunde and Thame), and the remaining 15% to the state owned Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA). Board of Directors, consisting of three local representatives appointed by the registered users’ group and one representative appointed by NEA, governs KBC. Since 2001, Eco Himal acts as a non-voting member.
Other Projects

Thame High Altitude Nursery

The Khumbu Bijuli Company (KBC) has been playing a pivotal role in conservation of high altitude forests not only by providing clean and alternative source of energy, but also directly through reforestation programs. 

Namche Drinking Water Project

KBC built a water treatment plant and set up a sewage system in Namche Bazaar in 1999 with technical support from Salzburg AG and joint contributions from Eco Himal, KBC, Namche VDC and local users.